Only students know how important laptops are for college. They have to be lightweight, fit with your style and have top battery life, with a great webcam and microphone for those online classes.
To make it easier for students, we have compiled our favourite laptops to give you our top picks!
Apple Macbook Air with M1 ChipApple Macbook Air with M1 Chip
• CPU: Apple M1 chip
• Display: 13.3-inch Retina display (2,560 by 1,600 pixels)
• Memory: 8GB of RAM, 256GB SSD
• Battery Life: Up to 18 hours
The lightweight MacBook Air with an Apple M1 chip is our absolute favourite! It weighs next to nothing, is stylish, functional and reasonably priced for the Apple quality. It’s keyboard is state of the art, the trackpad is famous for being easy to use, the display is stunning and the battery life can last up to 18 hours.
HP Envy 13 Touchscreen LaptopHP Envy 13 Touchscreen Laptop
• CPU: 11th-generation Intel Core i7
• Display: 13.3-inch Full HD IPS touchscreen (1,920 by 1,080 pixels)
• Memory: 8GB of RAM, 256GB SSD
• Battery Life: Up to 13 hours
For all the students out there, who aren’t used to Apple products, we had to put an option in our list for the PC lovers. Our top PC choice is the HP 13-inch ENVY. It is affordable, has a great rated spec sheet and is a trendy all metal notebook. It contains a powerful Intel processor, slim bezels and a bright touchscreen with fast charging and a long battery life.
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 2-in-1 PCMicrosoft Surface Pro 7 2-in-1 PC
• CPU: 10th-generation Intel Core i5
• Display: 12.3-inch PixelSense touchscreen (2,736 by 1,824 pixels)
• Memory: 8GB of RAM, 128GB SSD
• Battery Life: Up to 10.5 hours
If your needs as a student calls for both a tablet and a PC, this is just the right choice for you. The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is. A no brainer, it is well designed, functional and versatile. It has a Type cover that allows for the tablet like screen to transform into a laptop. If you want, you can even pair it with the Surface Pen stylus. You also have a great choice in colours and configurations for your budget and style.
Acer Aspire 5Acer Aspire 5
• CPU: 11th-generation Intel Core i3
• Display: 15.6-inch IPS display (1,920 by 1,080 pixels)
• Memory: 4 GB of RAM, 128 GB SSD
• Battery Life: Up to 8.5 hours
So you’re on a budget? This doesn’t mean you can’t have a well performing laptop that meets your needs. The Acer Aspire 5 is our top pick for students for the lower price range. It is has phenomenal hardware specs, is known for its reliable performance and it’s top tier design helps make it through a school day on one charge. It features an aluminium cover and a backlit keyboard to give it a fancier feel.
Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 Chrome OS LaptopLenovo Chromebook Flex 5 Chrome OS Laptop
• CPU: 10th-generation Intel Core i3
• Display: 13.3-inch 360-degree touchscreen (1,920 by 1,080 pixels)
• Memory: 4GB of RAM, 64GB eMMC
• Battery Life: Up to 10 hours
For a sleek, lightweight choice, we have the Lenovo Chromebook. It has a stylish touchscreen with a 360-degree hinge feature and is incredible versatile, supporting a stylus also. The notebook impresses us due to how affordable it is, despite supporting Android apps and having a great battery life.